Friday, July 1, 2011

A Song of Ice and Fire Comic Adaptation News

Winter is coming, but first we get September, which is going to be a ridiculously epic month for comics.  As many people know, September is when the DC relaunch goes down, but my daily perusal of Comics Alliance tells me that the A Song of Ice and Fire comic adaptation will also hit the shelves that month.

I envision myself poor, and up to my neck in comics come the end of September.

For those of you who don't know, Daniel Abraham will be handling the scripting of the comics, and the interior art will be handled by Tommy Patterson, a guy I've never heard of, and all I have to go on so far are a couple of Tyrion and Jon sketches Comics Alliance has up for view.  Alex Ross, who has been delivering some sweet, sweet covers for the Rocketeer Adventures comics, will be handling the cover art duty.

The Ross art they are soliciting so far (seen above) isn't exactly spectacular though.  Abraham seems capable enough but Patterson is an unknown entity.  I'm hoping the comic adaptation will do justice to the source material.  Its kinda crazy though, after 5 years of nearly nothing ASoIaF related, in one year we get a TV show, a new book, and comic.  I hope it isn't possible to get A Song of Ice and Fire overload...

No comments: