Monday, January 3, 2011

Blogiversary!


Its hard to believe that a year ago I started this blog. I'm pretty proud of the work I've put in on the site in the course of the year. At the time I started this thing I'd never even written a review before, I just wanted a place where I could put down my ideas, thoughts and reflections on the things I read and listen to in a fun, interactive way.

I gotta say the blogging experience has blown away even my wildest expectations. I get more traffic than I ever expected to get, I've gotten occasional comments from friends, followers and authors whose works I've reviewed, which helps to inspire and give me the desire to keep plugging away. I've also discovered some new blogs/bloggers I admire through the experience. The coolest thing that has come out of the blog so far is that I'm now the comics review writer for SFF World, a gig that is extra special to me given how huge of a role the forums there have played in helping me make reading choices and given me another place to learn about, and discuss the things I love: comics, fantasy, and music.

Some tasty snacks made by my lovely lady!

Its been a trip to feel like I'm a part of the sf/f blogosphere, yes, a rather small and somewhat insignificant part, but a part all the same. Its been sweet to follow other blogs more closely and read hundreds of reviews, congratulate the bloggers when they have kids, or move on to bigger and better things. I look forward to another year of meeting new people and sharing my love for all things fantasy/comic/music related.

Also, I wanna thank everyone who stops by this little corner of the internet. It always brings a smile to my face to read your comments...that fact that people actually read the things I write is still a bit unbelievable to me. Anyway, thanks! I hope I give you plenty of reason to keep stopping by in 2011.

5 comments:

Bryce L. said...

Congrats man, always something interesting when I visit here. Keep up the good work.

anjali said...

LOVE IT!

Ryan said...

Thanks guys, I appreciate your support of Battle Hymns!

Justin said...

Nice work Ryan! Your blog is now my go-to reference for graphic novels.

Ryan said...

Sweet! That's good to hear. You'll be happy to know that 2011 is gonna be a great year for graphic novels at the blog. I have lots of impressive stuff in the to-read pile.